Thursday, April 4, 2013

39 weeks!

My precious one,

Happy 39 weeks little one! It's pretty awesome that I get to see you for the first time soon in less than a week! At this point, its only four days! It's like the whole world is smiling down on us. Lol. I go to the grocery store and people smile as I walk by. Some people even congratulate us. People are really nice sometimes.

I've really enjoyed looking down and not only feeling you move but seeing it from the outside too! Me and your dad are getting good at guessing where your back and legs are! I love feeling his hands on my belly. a few times, you kicked his hand like you knew it was him! Your movements have been pretty strong lately. Sometimes it hurts! it makes me glad that you are getting strong and ready for birth when ur ready. Mostly rolling and stretching I think. You still like to play with my right rib. ;-)

I keep telling our dog, Cash that "the baby is coming!" He always looks at the front door. i tell him "No here" and point to my belly. he tilts his head to the side and gives me this puzzled look. It's hilarious. Boy, he's in for a shock! Me and dad joke that we are cooking up a little playmate for revenge. He hasn't been a bad puppy but still a puppy!

We made a splash this week and quite a seen at the pool! My yoga teacher talked about how good it felt to swim while she was pregnant. She had a summer pregnancy which is crazy! With the weather getting nice and for once its actually getting hot already to me, I decided that we'd go swimming. I didn't want to buy a maternity swimsuit. As you'll discover, I am über cheap! Well sometimes I guess. So I just decided to wear my bikini. Dad thought I was crazy. I have to say - we don't look bad in a bikini. I don't have stretch marks on my belly. The people at the pool were quite shocked too. Around here, it's kinda not acceptable to wear a bikini in the Lds religion and deemed not modest. As you'll find out we aren't religious just spiritual. I grew up wearing a bikini In cali. So it's normal and most comfortable for me. I think I wear it in a modest way. i don't feel it going against my Walk with God. Anyway, swimming felt so good! It was so nice to feel weightless and easier on my joints. It was nice and cool. It felt good to warmed up in the sunshine. I felt instantly better. i guess We needed good old vitamin D!

Exercise update- I have been doing the usual walk in the morning and yoga every week. It's been easier to extend our walks a little now that im home. I have this goal to work up to 5miles a day! I had a little trouble gaining weight mostly because I'm not hungry. so I've been working up to it slowly. A neighbor asked if its to start labor. But it's not. I just want to be healthy for you and it helps labor to go quicker. It trying to tone the muscles in my uterus.

I've had no cravings really to name. Nothing really has sounded good since the third trimester. sometime I'm not even hungry. it makes it hard what to decide to cook for dinner. I have enjoyed my creamy strawberry smoothie. It tastes like a milkshake but healthier. I make it with soy milk. It's got no sugar and tons of protein about 25 grams (estimated)! Its a yummy way to pack in the protein we need, 75 grams per day! I have been going for wraps too lately. I buy these sprouted grain tortillas and make yummy chicken wraps out of them! It's easy and cheap way to use left overs. It doesn't taste healthy. I'm glad it is!

Sleep has been very hard lately. I only get a few each night. I wake up to either heart burn, hungry, snuffed nose or just plain too hot. Your dad has been very patient with me waking him up every night. It's hard going to work without good sleep. I'm naturally kind of wired. So losing one night sleep is do -able. Any more than that is tough! I hope you are a better sleeper than me. Hopefully you'll get that from dad. I know that it's preparing me for the nights up with you.

Me and your dad had a great date this week. We went up to Oscars and had dinner in Springdale. It's a cute town with beautiful scenery of Zion national park! We had our favorite waiter who remembered us and what we like to order. We had great food and a lot of laughs. It was fun getting out with your dad and joking around with him. It reminds me why I love him so much. Everyone at the restaurant was congratulating us. there was a fun couple with their 5 month old who we ended up talking too most of the night. they were very nice and encouraging about having kids. later we got free desert as an early your bday present! Your dad loves the carrot cake there. It was a great date that I will cherish.

No sign of you yet. But it could be any day that I meet you! And we pray that you are healthy and safe.

Love you baby girl,

Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment