Sunday, April 21, 2013

41 weeks! Over due and ready!

Hello baby A!

As you can tell by the tittle, I'm finally feeling ready this week to have you! I am excited that you could come at any minute. Me and ur dad joke that you'll slide right out. I feel done, ready, and wanting a vaginal natural birth. last week, I didn't feel ready. It's funny how it changed in a week!

Right now, I'm dilated to a one. my cervix has softened and moved to the front. Cyndi, the midwife says that you have dropped down. its encouraging that my body is showing signs of preparing for birth. It helps me with the doubt about our due date calculation. Also today, She has done a stretch and sweep to prepare my cervix. It hurt. My relaxation techniques helped me through it.

Other physical changes that I've noticed are in my breasts. I got stretch marks on them. :-( they are darkening and aortas are larger preparing for nursing. It's encouraging to see these changes. I hope it's a sign that we can breast feed really well. I've heard it's hard! So I'm doing a lot of research now. I hope it helps us to a good start.

We are doing everything Cyndi suggests to get u out- prim rose oil, sex, walking, five week formula, and today castor oil (only since I'm dilated now). Castor oil really sucks. I've had diarrhea and strong cramps. Some people swear by it. No contractions yet though. Well see if it works.

People have the funniest things that they think is the ticket to labor. Me and ur dad have heard pineapple, Chinese food, yoga, sex, and all kinds of crazy things. We have a theory that people say whatever they had right before labor started. It's just coincidence. Labor would've started anyway.

I feel like such a freak for going to 41 weeks (and almost 42). I have to remember the bell curve of birth is between 38-42 weeks. So this is normal despite the harassment from everyone. I can see why people lie about their due date. I don't mind if its -I'm praying or thinking of you. I don't like the - baby here yet question every day. It puts on pressure to have you. We want you to come when you are ready and fully developed. We don't want to jump to high risk inducing drugs unless its medically necessary. It is crazy how some moms get induced before their due date just because they are uncomfortable. I hope that we don't have to induce at all. Of course we'd do anything that needed to be done if you were in distress. Thankfully, cyndi has kept a close eye on you to make sure you're not in distress. We've had quite a few stress test and a biophysical profile ultrasound done to check on you. You passed with flying colors! It hard to to worry about you and so relieving when you've passed ur tests! Good job!

Nursery update- it is done! I painted the last canvas and finished a button project for the wall art. Even the chair has arrived. I'm thankful for that. I hoping it will help rock you to sleep and with nursing. Your dad loves that chair. I caught him snoozing in it and few times. it might be hard to boot him out of it.

I also feel like I finished my baby bucket list. (No offense). This is a list of things to do before u come that you can't do once you have a newborn. Most of it is doing things with your dad just to spend time with him. I've enjoy our mini dates. We've gone to a few movies and dates out this week just the two of us. Most of the stuff are dumb, empty, and giving them up is no big loss. It's worth giving up for you in our lives.

I am so excited to be your mom. I want it so bad. I can't wait to take care of you and teach you what I've learned. And have fun! I am so thankful that you'll have an awesome dad who will teach you his great qualities and character. It's so rewarding to know that you'll have a better home life than I've had growing up. I want you to have Gods best!

I hope you come soon! Love u!


Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment