Thursday, October 30, 2014

18 months! Hi out of town family!



Hi out of town family!

I'm Alex. I'm 18 months old now! Mommy has no idea where the time has gone. I'm a girl always on the go. I've been busy exploring and enjoying life. We haven't writen in a while. I thought I'd write about a few of my favorite things:

Mommy is still my favorite person, but daddy is pretty awesome too. We are done nursing. Mommy misses the cuddles. But I give her snobbery kisses, wet bath hugs, and raspberries at night to make up for it. 

As I go throughout my day, I often sing a little song I made up. It goes something like this, daba-daba-daba-daba" as I play with my toys. 

I love playing hide and go seek. I often hide my whole body except my feet. Mommy finds them and tickles me! 

Our dog, Cash is my best friend. Every morning, I say joyfully say "hi" to him as he wakes up. I also enjoy calling Cash back into the house when he escapes. I clap my hands like mommy and shout, "ta-ta-ta." Sometimes it works! I love throwing the ball at him and playing keep away with him. I can't figure out why cats don't appreciate this game. 

My favorite toy is a baby doll. I carry it around the house daily. I swaddle her and dress her. I'm practicing to be a good mommy when I grow up. I get very excited when I see another baby at the store. I often stop and point. I exclaim "baby!" Just so everyone knows and sees a cute baby when I do. With my love for babies, I know I will be a great big sister someday. 

I spend time pointing out babies in magazines. I love reading about baby Moses and baby Jesus. Mommy tells me that like Moses to save the Israelites from slavery, Jesus saved us from the slavery of our sins. I know how to put my hands together to pray and talk to Jesus. Many nights, I remind Mommy if she forgot to pray. 

I'm still having some tummy issues. Were hoping with God's strength, well get through them. Things like prunes, probiotics,excerise, camille tea, and miralax are helping me a lot. We'd appreciate your prayers for my tummy. 

I'm getting taller and blonder every day. My hair got so long already that mommy gave me a hair cut! I even sat down long enough for her to paint my toes orange! I love being a girl already. 

I can say words like, "that, cup, baby, mommy, mama, dada, juice." These few words seem to communicate anything I need all day. 

I am a good girl. I will put toys away, bring my dishes to the counter, wiping up my mess, and close the door when asked most times. I'm a good eater too. I'll eat many dishes like jambayla, paella, curry, when mommy remembers to cut down the spice. I also enjoy making and eating my own guacamole, peeling bananas, and helping myself to getting a drink of water. 

I am a little shy around when strange older kids try to hug me. But mommy says it's ok. I seem to warm up in a new environment after a little while. I do enjoy play groups and going to the park. 

I love talking on the phone. I will talk really loud and laugh a lot just like my mommy does on the phone.  After telling a long story, I'll say, ummmm.  Soon I'll be enjoying long conversations with each and every one of you!

We miss you all! And can't wait until our next visit!


Hugs and kisses, 



Alex


No comments:

Post a Comment