Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Oh my 9 months!

    

Hello my kitty!

Happy 9 months! You are growing so fast! I get a little weepy thinking that you'll be a year in less than three months!! I'm not sure if I'm ready for that. Anyway, here's what happened this month! 

Highlights-you have two more teeth! You got your canine teeth in. So you have a total of 4 teeth and more on the way! I see a whole row of white coming in. These are your top teeth coming! Other highlights are that you are eating whole mangos, cooked pears, cooked apples, big slices of avocados, whole or sliced tomatoes, Cheerios, whole grain pasta, bananas, and avocado toast. Many times, I'll hand you a whole fruit and you'll eat the whole thing!! You also clap your hands now! Grammie taught you how and you clap them all the time! You even clap your hand when you start to cry! I think that's kind of a funny! Also, You put together your first almost word- buggie! I'm not sure if ur trying to say doggie. You love your doggie so much. He always makes you smile. You say buggie to everything. So it might be too early to say it's your first word.  

Favorite moments- lately, I've really enjoyed more family time we've been having. my favorite time has been our family time at night. we play on the floor together before bed every night. Were also eating dinner close to the same time. It's nice to have a family dinner. I'll start you at 5 pm since it takes longer for you to eat. then we'll finish all together. I'm looking forward to more family dinners together!

            

My other favorite moments are the little ones that make you laugh. You are laughing and smiling all the time which warms my heart! Many time you'll laugh when I give nose kisses. You love to try to give us high fives. 

Thing you like-you love my moms dog ozzy. Every time he comes over you smile and watch him play with cash. You love mangos, tomatoes, avocados toast, and rice cakes. 

Nursing-we are still nursing but not much maybe three or four times a day. It only takes five minutes. You still get distracted, but not as bad as when you were four months. You aren't really eating through nursing. I think it's more drinking or comforting mommy time. 


Night time/naps- they have been rough! We nurse at 8 pm and you're done at 9 pm.  Then You'd wake up an hour later. You wake every hour until one or two o clock in the morning!! Turns out you had pin worms!! After two long weeks, I was telling your Grammie how frustrated I was about your sleeping pattern lately. You were waking every hour and you were completely miserable! I knew something was wrong but the doctor couldn't find anything. When I mentioned how you were waking up screaming at ten o'clock every night, a lightbulb went off in Grammies mind. She realized it was pinworms! I got it as a baby and it was hard for the doctors to diagnose. The doctors think that pinworms are only for older kids who play in sandboxes or with cats. But really anyone can get it. So we checked that night around 11 pm and we saw them! It was pretty gross. But I was so relieved that we found what was wrong! Hopefully that's it. Well see. As far as naps goes, you're napping well when the nights are bad. you'll nap for an hour or hour and a half. It's is ironic. since I was praying for them to go better which they have The expense of the nights! Argh!

Developments-ypu are 16 pounds and 29 inches!! you are close to crawling! You not on all fours yet. It's more like creeping and rolling around! You'll roll across the room very quickly by rolling and go straight to the tv wires. I have to watch you more closely these days for those and choking hazards like fuzz. The picture below is Grammie motivating you to crawl by trying to get the toys. You mostly roll for it. So we try to put it where you have to move forward for it. You barely get it by crawling army style!! You're also standing really well. I don't have to hold you under the arms to support you anymore. I just hold you hands and you walk really well. I ink it's because you're getting a lot of practice from your walker Grammie gave you! Often times you walk across the room into the bathroom and make circles around the counter. You're really mobile!! I think you love the freedom! 
         

Leap- In the world of 'sequences' your baby learns to recognize and manage the flow of events and relationships over time. Eating cereal with a spoon for example, means grab the spoon, put the spoon into the bowl, scoop some cereal onto the spoon, bring the spoon to your head and put it in your mouth (and not in your eye). Your baby starts to link actions together to reach a 'goal', such as feeding himself, but may miss a component or two in the beginning. At this stage, your baby likes to feel needed and will want to help. You will also see Alex mastering skills she was mentally able to learn in previous leaps, but didn't physically show yet. After having gone through the previous leap, the changes in Alex 's behavior are dramatic. Now, your little baby is developing into a child.

Examples of what Alex 's skills and interests might be after this leap:

  • Shows us that he knows some words
  • Makes it clear to you that she finds something dirty, for example by sniffing
  • Imitates adults
  • Recognizes herself in the mirror
  • Can really exaggerate her moods
  • Plays peek-a-boo by herself
  • Challenges others to play a game
  • Calls for a song by example by clapping his hands
  • Begins to practice crawling. 
                    

Challenges- it turns out the rough nights were due to pin worms!! Poor baby! It's been painful for you and very challenging for me! It was very frustrating not knowing what it was. I knew something was wrong and no one believed me. Now I know that you sleep through the night normally ( except for the occasional gas). When you don't sleep good, I realized that's a sin that something is wrong! Other challenges are that 
You still have a little constipation and gas. I try to offer you lots of water and pear juice to help with the constipation. I've had to cut out raw fruit, beans, and diary ( mostly milk) to help minimize the gas. I think these are mostly due to you not feeling good. with the nights being so bad, it's kind of giving me anxiety. I would put you down and couldn't sleep scared that you'll just wake up. It's pretty silly. Here's a lot of other much worse than losing a good nights sleep! This verse has helped me handle with that anxiety. "Don't be anixous about anything but in everything through prayer and sublication with thanksgiving, let your request be made known to God. And the peace of God that tranpasses all understanding will guard your heart and mind through Christ Jesus ( phillipians 4:6). I'll repeat that's n my head and start praying for you, your health and a good nights sleep. Other things I've found challenging are Staying on top of Laundry and getting all the food stains out of your clothes!

What I've learned as mom- "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not changelike shifting shadows." James 1:17. Every good thing we have comes from God even the little things or most frequent ordinary things like a good nights sleep, a nice meal or a little laugh from your baby. And when these things don't happen like a good nights sleep, God is still good even when we aren't. He doesn't change and can't deny himself. So we can always count him because of his perfect character. He always gives us a new morning and hope for tomorrow. 


Love you sweetie pie!



Mom



Ps your first selfie!













No comments:

Post a Comment